There are 3 stages in the competition selection timeline that kicks off once the submission period closes :
Stage 1: The General Video Gallery and Announcement of Top 10 Semi-finalists
The Pixel Project will announce two separate video galleries one week after the closing deadline:
- General video gallery – ALL submissions included.
- The Voting Page embedded with the Semi-Finalist video gallery – 7 to 10 of the best submissions selected by The Pixel Project and AHMIR.
For the Valentine 2013 YouTube Cover Carnival, the announcement date will be 18 March 2013 and the gallery announcements will be staggered as follows:
- General video gallery – All submissions will be gathered in a special video tribute gallery for Jyoti Singh Pandey, the Delhi Gang Rape victim, on 15 March 2013. These videos will help launch the on-going collecting of music video tributes to Ms. Pandey.
- The Voting Page embedded with the Semi-Finalist video gallery – 7 to 10 of the best submissions selected by The Pixel Project and AHMIR will be unveiled on 18 March 2013.
Stage 2: Voting In The Top 5 Finalists
Voting is open for one (1) week starting from the announcement of the semi-finalists. This part of the selection process is for the global online audience to vote for their favourite YouTube semi-finalist.
Voting will be open for one (1) week and the finalists will be announced the day after the close of voting.
For the Valentine 2013 YouTube Cover Carnival:
- Voting begins at 9AM EST 18 March 2013
- Voting ends at 9PM EST 24 March 2013
Finalists will be formally announced via The Pixel Project’s Facebook page and Music For Pixels Facebook page at 12 midnight EST 25 March 2013.
Stage 3: The Final Winners
The winners will be selected by a judges panel of major YouTube artistes with The Pixel Project as a tie-breaker in cases of decision deadlock.
Winners will be officially announced on The Pixel Project’s Facebook page and the Music For Pixels Facebook page at 9PM EST 31 March 2013.
The Valentine 2013 YouTube Cover Carnival competition opens at 9.00am EST, 1 February 2013 and runs until 9pm EST, 14 March 2013. To learn more about the submission process and submit an entry, check out the submission page.
To learn more about the YouTube Cover Carnival and how taking part in it helps to raise awareness about violence against women, check out our introduction page.