The Pixel Project works with a range of partners and sponsors to put together some fabulous prize packages for each YouTube Cover Carnival. Components of the prize packages vary from contest to contest depending on what sponsors and partners are able to donate.
For the Valentine 2013 YouTube Cover Carnival, The Pixel Project joined forces with our YouTube Music Ambassador, AHMIR; one of our contest judges, the acclaimed YouTube artiste J Rice; well-known YouTube producer Mike Kalombo; and San Francisco/Bay Area-based Lost Monkey Studio to offer a trio of AWESOME prize packages designed to provide a combination of music expertise, services and publicity for the top three winners of our YouTube Cover Carnival competition which gets up-and-coming musicians to cover either One Direction’s “Little Things” or Whitney Houston’s “Greatest Love Of All” to say NO to violence against women in tribute to the late Delhi Gang Rape Victim, Jyoti Singh Pandy:
Grand Prize Winner (1st Prize Package – worth approx. US$3,000++):
- 1 original song by the winner to be produced (arranged, mixed, mastered) by YouTube producer Mike Kalombo of Kalombo Media.
- Collaboration on 1 cover song with YouTube artiste and producer J Rice which will also be produced by J Rice.
- The winner’s YouTube cover will spend 3 full days as the featured music video (including a video introduction from AHMIR) on AHMIR’s YouTube channel homepage.
- Inclusion and promotion of the winning cover song and accompanying YouTube music video in The Pixel Project’s year-end ’16 For 16’charity digital album.
- 3 original songs by the winner placed in Lost Monkey Studio’s licensing catalogue for potential TV/Film placement
First Runners-Up (2nd Prize Package):
- 2 original songs from the winner’s repertoir placed in Lost Monkey Studio’s licensing catalogue for potential TV/Film placement.
- 1 autographed AHMIR CD and one AHMIR t-shirt.
Second Runners-Up (3rd Prize Package):
- 1 original song from the winner’s repertoire placed in Lost Monkey Studio’s licensing catalogue for potential TV/Film placement.
- 1 autographed AHMIR CD OR one AHMIR t-shirt.
*The prize packages on offer may change from time to time as prizes are dependent on the availability from sponsors.
The YouTube Cover Carnival is currently being revamped and will be back in 2015.
To learn more about the YouTube Cover Carnival and how taking part in it helps to raise awareness about violence against women, check out our FAQ page.